Saturday, August 30, 2014

Yesterday: Eggplant; Today: Pictures of Food

Yesterday's goal was to find a recipe that uses eggplant that is easy, appealing, and not covered in cheese. I found a recipe that meets the criteria - a simple pasta sauce that doctors store bought sauce with ground chicken, peppers, and, of course, eggplant.  The recipe looks delicious and I fully intent to make it very soon.  But, I had to drive to a construction site 4.5 hours away today - and back.  It makes for a very long day and barely had the energy to whip up a Smart One TV dinner and a salad.

************
Today is a new day.  A new, challenging day.  I am attending a party at my sister's house, and I have yet to successfully master a party.  What can I say?  I like brownies.  I like beer.  I like to try every thing on the table.  I hover over or near the food.  I feel naked without a drink in hand.  If you can think of things that people should do when trying to stay healthy at a party, I can generally assure you, I do the opposite.

I've tried a few tactics with varied success.  I've read the (very good) advice of others.  These include things like eating the vegetables, drinking diet soda, being the helpful cleaner, offering to run or play the games, and staying away from the food table.  I've said with conviction that I would do these things, but I have yet to avoid reverting to my near frenzied state of brownie inhalation by party's end.

Today's tactic is to take a picture of each item I eat or drink.  I'm hoping this will increase mindfulness and decrease consumption.  But, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment